ILRI seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator to coordinate and manage the project (about 40% time) and provide scientific input into project implementation (about 60% time).
- Project management including ensuring appropriate liaison with the donor, with international and national partners, establishment of agreements, financial management and reporting, technical reporting, logistical support for implementation.
- Engage with key national government partners to ensure research activities and outputs are aligned with national priorities
- Engage with development organisations to ensure that research outputs are translated into development outcomes
- Establish and maintain an effective multidisciplinary and multi-organisation team of scientists and development partners that will ensure smooth inter-centre collaboration in implementing an integrated approach for improving the productivity of the targeted systems.
- Liaise with the other two projects in the AFRICA RISING Program to build synergies and identify opportunities for cross-learning and liaise with the Monitoring and Evaluation Team that is providing M&E input to all three projects.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an effective communication strategy for the project
- Participate in implementing research that integrates at the farm level elements of crop, livestock and natural resource management technologies for sustainable intensification. In particular the coordinator will be expected to contribute to research on crop-livestock interactions.