From 18-20 August, the Africa RISING project in Ethiopia joined forces with the CGIAR Research Program on Livestock and Fish to hold a gender training for staff and partners in both projects.
The workshop aimed to introduce workshop participants to:
- Different concepts of gender and the importance of integrating gender issues in agriculture
- Basic tools and techniques for conducting gender analysis in agricultural development work
- Gendered approach to assessing agricultural value chains
- Different gender energizers that can introduce gender issues
- Participatory communication strategies that address gender issues
Participants attended from agricultural research institutes at national and regional level, Bureaus of Agriculture (at Woreda level), universities, the Ministry of Agriculture and NGOs.
Pre and post workshop evaluations were very positive. They stressed the excitement and interest in learning practical ways to integrate gender from exercises and tools that were shared in the workshop. They also appreciated the diverse backgrounds…
View original post 177 more words