PROGRAM COORDINATION TEAM
The Africa RISING program has no centralized management entity. The Program Coordination Team (PCT), taking decisions by consensus, ensures a common understanding of sustainable intensification (SI) and its potential contribution to Feed the Future goals across the three regional projects. The PCT also helps to identify opportunities for experience sharing and cross-project support, both informally and through an annual program learning event. The Communications Team has a secretarial role in the PCT and reports on its meetings.
Terms of reference
- Provides an interface with the donor for the program and regional projects;
- Provides support for coordination and integration, but not supervision, across projects;
- Convenes / supports / approves the research approach design process, consultation with the qualified external experts of the SAG;
- Sets standards, guidelines and practices, approves objectives / outcomes, etc. at program level;
- Facilitates good communication and learning across the program
- Advises on communications and M&E team’s work plans;
- Determines the focus of an annual program-wide learning meeting;
- Promotes coordination, alignment, and integration with related research projects;
- Appoints the SAG;
- Meets annually face-to-face and virtually as required.
- Chair: Rotates annually between IITA and ILRI. The rotation takes place in September.
- IITA Project Manager
- ILRI Project Manager
- Monitoring and Evaluation team lead
- Communications team lead
- USAID Activity Manager