Africa RISING Ethiopia ‘early win’ project reports available
Year one of the program funded a series of ‘early win‘ projects in Ethiopia as well as East and Southern Africa. In October, five reports were produced from the Ethiopia projects:
- Fodder and feed as a key opportunity for driving sustainable intensification of crop livestock systems in Ethiopia: Report from an ‘early win’ project
- Sustainable tree-crop-livestock intensification as a pillar for the Ethiopian climate resilient green economy initiative: Report from an ‘early win’ project
- Improving pulses productivity and rural livelihood of smallholder farmers in the Bale highlands of Ethiopia through their integration in the crop-livestock production systems: Report from an ‘early win’ project
- Why and how to implement a demand-led AR&D approach at farm level for Africa RISING? Report from an ‘early win’ project
- Water related indicators for sustainable crop-livestock intensification planning in Ethiopia: Report from an ‘early win’ project
The Africa RISING program comprises three linked research-for-development projects, funded by the USAID Feed the Future Initiative, and aiming to sustainably intensify mixed farming systems in West Africa (Southern Mali and Northern Ghana), the Ethiopian Highlands and East and Southern Africa (Tanzania, Zambia and Malawi).
To produce some short-term outputs and to support the longer term objectives of the projects, in 2012 Africa RISING funded several small, short-term projects in each of the regions. More information.